(Update) Carbon Monoxide Three Americans At Sandals Resort

Three Americans were found dead at a Sandals Resort earlier this month, and the cause of death is carbon monoxide, The Nassau Guardian reports.

According to the local news outlet, the couples were staying in the same building but in separate villas next to each other at the resort.

A couple from TN, Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, were both found dead, along with Vincent Chiarella, 64, from Florida.

Chiarella’s wife Donnis Chiarella, 65, was airlifted to New Providence and then transferred to a Kendall Regional Medical Center in Florida.

Though a cause of death has been determined, the victims’ families have requested a private pathologist to conduct separate autopsies for the deceased, Minister of Health Dr. Michael Darville told reporters last week.

A Sandals rep told Fox Digital that carbon monoxide detectors had been added to the rooms.

CO detectors have now been placed in all guest rooms at Sandals Emerald Bay and although not mandated in any Caribbean destination where we operate, detectors will be installed in all guest rooms throughout the portfolio.

As previously reported, all three people were pronounced dead at the scene, and “no signs of trauma were found.”

Nothing is more important to Sandals Resorts than the safety of our guests, the resort said in a statement.

Roomies, what do you think about this situation?

Source & Credit: theshaderoom.com

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.